Saturday, May 29, 2010

Origami Love

Origami is the art of folding paper into shapes.

Apparently, I'm loving origami. Some may see it as boring and plain ordinary. Some, like me, see it as something mysterious, elusive, yet vibrant with all the colours imaginable. Seriously, the valley and mountain folds, the creases, the twisting and curling of paper...It is an art that has its origin dating back to the 6th century Japan. It is amazing that such an art form has survived for so long. And I'm glad it has survived up till today.

Origami has had an effect on people. For me, I've managed to control my anger and broaden the boundaries of my patience. Also, I simply LOVE the colours of papers. Their different patterns, their textures, the crisp sound of paper being folded and creased. The end product is always satisfying.:) As of today, I've made quite a number of pretty little things either my sewing, glueing, painting,writing, drawing and etc. It didn't occur to me as an artist to try out origami. And I believe that to truly pursue your passion, one would have to try the myriad of branches within that passion.

I've always believed in the ability of art to affect the senses and emotions, as a mode of expression and to discover the human condition. With all my heart, and with permission from the Almighty, I will try my very best to keep on pursuing what I believe in.


~Salam~

No comments:

Post a Comment