Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I want but I need...

I want to be rich
Just like having a mansion by the beach

I want to be beautiful on the outside
Because these days no one cares what's on the inside

I want to adorn my flawless skin
With pearl necklaces and diamond rings

I want to wear designer clothes and shoes
Just like Louis Vuitton, Chanel and Jimmy Choos

I want to be a person of intellect
To mercilessly climb the corporate ladder knowing I'm the only one perfect

I want my voice to be heard
To sway and control everyone to follow my herd

I want to be renowned like a celebrity
Only to have people wave at me and doubt my integrity

I want to be known for my independence
So no man will ever be my precedence

I want to be a person of generosity
Only by donating in front of the press in the name of charity

I want to be happy
To live my dreams in a big house so empty

But what I've come to realize is this
I do not need all of the above
What I truly need is 

I need to be rich
With inspiring stories to tell my children to reach their niche

I need to be beautiful on the outside
But more beautiful on what counts; the inside

I need to adorn my flawless skin
With nothing but praises for God with what He has given

I need to wear designer clothes and shoes
Lovingly made by my mother and sisters so I can just choose

I need to be a person of intellect
Yet be humble and modest knowing that I'm not always correct

I need my voice to be heard
By my family, my children as they treasure my every word

I need to be renowned like a celebrity
Only to those who matter and love me unconditionally

I need to be known for my independence
Yet need to love and be loved by a man with confidence

I need to be a person of generosity
From my little gestures of kindness to simply imparting virtuosity

I need to be happy
To be free, to be me with my family
To just be...

Rusydiah

~Salam~

No comments:

Post a Comment