I wish to be a balanced person. Honestly, I'm in love with the arts. Sadly, my actions and being a 'science' student doesn't reflect that. Being a 'science' student is a norm I've conformed to. But all the while, my heart feels restless, as if it wants to break free from all the uniformity around. Only now do I realize that conformity really isn't my cup of tea. Plus I hate tea (darn high caffeine content). I dream to be a person educated in the arts and science fields. Is it possible? I believe it is possible. A teacher once said to me 'A successful person is one ordinary person who puts in extraordinary effort to achieve his dreams'. I dream to be that ordinary person.
Some people have said something along the lines of 'Don't be foolish. Do something practical and sensible. Do something that can land you a job in future'.
I'll be brutally honest. I am sick and tired of being practical or sensible. I have been doing that for too long that it sickens me. Why? Because it involves conforming to what society thinks (or instructs) is the 'right' thing to do. The 'practical' thing to do. These social patterns of conformity is ever so common these days tht I doubt anything or anyone is sincere anymore. I am PROUD to say that I am not going to conform.
Another thing, having a 'job' and having a 'career' are TWO totally different things. I believe that a 'job' means 'a piece of work'(as stated in the dictionary) that you've landed because of your qualifications. Meanwhile, a 'career' means a profession that you have not only because of qualifications but passion, drive and love for it. Seriously, I don't see the point to be stuck in a field just because people tell you to do so or being stuck in a field that you have no interest and passion for. You know why. Open your eyes and see honey because it is love that keeps us going. If you love something so much, you'll try your best to make it and somehow the world too will conspire to bring you success. We are all human beings aren't we? Constantly seeking for comfort, love and care in every aspect of our lives.
I'll keep on dreaming hopefully for a future that I'll love.
I dream to be different
Because I wish to be unique
I dream to be balanced
Because my curiosity is easily piqued
I dream to be a loyal daughter
Because my parents deserve one
I dream to be a loving sister
Because I'm used to hating none
I dream to pursue the arts
Because it has always been in my heart
I dream to be knowledgeable in science
Because I've always seek balance
I dream for peace in my heart.
Because it is hard to live without
I dream to be a caring friend.
Because I know not of how to offend
I dream for my heart to be stolen.
Because I'll wait for someone else's heart in return.
I dream for happiness
Because don't we all deserve some kindness
I dream to be a good person
Because doesn't the world need more of better humans
I'm a believer.
Are you?
~Salam~
No comments:
Post a Comment