Assalamualaikum to all!
I'm happy to say that I have completed my nazar. My nazar was to fast for ten days continuously without any breaks if my brother succeeds in his exams and enters the poly of his choice. He did! Alhamdullilah. I am happy for him and grateful to the Almighty. And yes, true to my promise I managed to fast for ten days nonstop. It wasn't as hard as I expected. I was smooth-sailing. It slowly became a habit at one point. Now, whenever I eat, I feel like I'm not supposed to. Hahaha....
Another thing on my mind...
Ever felt at peace? Ever felt like your heart, yourself being happy? Because, honestly, I feel at peace with myself. Happy even. Its the kind of spiritual happiness you get. And I'm getting that. My sister says that she loves the fact that I am not stressed now because I've become a much better person. Seeking solace in Allah has been my source of peace and happiness. You know when you feel like you're getting close to something so great kind of feeling. It feels great. Truly.
And so, to whoever out there reading this post, I say let go of your material needs. Let go of money. Let go of your work. Take time. Be by yourself. Think and appreciate what you already have. I know as humans it may be natural to want, to desire for more. And you'll think about the things that you don't have. Well, DON'T do that! Think of those people in the world who are in need. Appreciate. Be thankful. Whatever your beliefs are, take time off, find your spiritual self. Cleanse yourself of unhealthy habits and thoughts. Eventually, you will realize what feels you with peace. What makes YOU happy, not the people around you happy but YOU.
A few days ago, I read an article about an Austrian millionaire selling away everything because he said his fortune was making him miserable. This was what he said: "My idea is to have nothing left. Absolutely nothing. Money is counterproductive-it prevents happiness to come".
Instead he will move out of his luxury Alpine retreat into a small wooden hut in the mountains or a simple bedsit in Innsbruck.
Another inspiring thin he said: "For a longtime I believed that more wealth and luxury autonatically meant more happiness. I come from a very poor family where the rules were to work more to achieve more material things and I applied this for many years. More and more I heard the words 'Stop what you are doing now--all this luxury and consumerism-and start you real life'. I had the feeling I was working like a slave for things that I did not wish for or need."
You can find the article here on telegraph online.
Last but not least he said: "I do not have the right to give any other person advice. I was just listening to the voice of my heart and soul".
So when was the last time you listened to your heart?
~Salam~
No comments:
Post a Comment