Recently, I went to visit my late maternal grandparents. We drove to Pusara Abadi and Pusara Aman. First, grave we went to was my grandmother's. Nothing has changed there. Other than the fact that the trees, grasses ad whatnots are overgrown. And the things you find at a grave....So we cleared and tidied up a bit. The two stones on the grave still standing strong. The engrave name of hers ever so white. Though I didn't get to see her(I was so young when she went away that literally I was blind at that age), that was this gnawing sadness in me. We offered prayers. I had the boldness in me to take a picture. I know its rude. Very. I'll explain why I did that later. Next up, we went to my aunt's mother-in-law's grave. It was nearby so we thought why not stop by, be polite. We crossed the quiet little road into a hidden path. The grave was distinguishable by the brown bricks surrounding a green patch of grass. Yes, there were an abundance of whatnots. I saw a few lizards. And I really hate lizards. Some graves there were in a pitiful state. As if there was no one caring for them. As if their relatives have forgotten about them. As if they never once existed. I guess that's how humans can be.
After that little spring cleaning, we moved on to my grandfather's grave. We had to leave that pusara and go on to the next pusara which was a distance away. The next pusara has been 'modernised' in a sense that they name the plots of land like carparks. We reached the grave in no time. Did a little cutting, trimming,plucking and etc. It felt like gardening. But it was worthwhile in the end knowing I did it out of love. I loved my grandfather very much. I still do. I mean, you can't forget the person who has been there half your life,raising you. We read a few prayers. That gnawing sadness within almost bursting. But we all had to leave someday. And so, later we left.
Okay, the reason as to why I took pictures at the cemetery. I suppose I always act weird or try to act funny there. Because it is a facade, a disguise to mask my sadness. Everyone tries to act brave or courageous in their lives when in actual fact, at that point in time they are the most vulnerable. Well, that was my time.
~Salam~
No comments:
Post a Comment