Sunday, July 25, 2010

Walk In The Shadow



Composed by A.R. Rahman, written by Gulzar, sung by Sukhwinder Singh and Sapna Awasthi

This song is beautiful. Almost addictive. 
I was watching Globe Trekker and the host, Ian Wright was on the roof of the train. 
Then, a flash of memory.
Shah Rukh singing and swaying,
dancing fearlessly on the roof of a moving train saying 
"Chal chaiyya chaiyya chaiyya chaiyya"

Apparently, in 2003 and according to BBC, an international poll was conducted to choose the ten most popular songs of all time. 
People from 155 countries voted "Chaiyya Chaiyya" ninth in the top 10 songs.

The rhythm and melody....Beautiful. 
I know that I will probably listen to this song at least once a day. 
Its the kind of song you never forget. 
And so,
 I want to thank that very act of Mr Wright 
on the roof of a train for enabling me to remember this song.
Thank you. 



~Salam~

No comments:

Post a Comment